For Learners who do not have user accounts for Vault, Training Admins can use Facilitated Training to both ensure that those Learners receive the correct Training Assignments via Vault Training automation and to ensure their completion of the training is tracked accordingly.
To accomplish this, Training Admins first link Training Assignments to Facilitated Training Request records. Then, when that Facilitated Training Request record enters a specified lifecycle state, Vault Training starts the Facilitated Training job which completes the linked Training Assignments. Then, if there are no issues moving all Training Assignments to the Completed state, Vault automatically moves the Facilitated Training Request record to the Completed state.
If there are issues, the Facilitated Training Request does not move to the Completed state. An email is sent to the user who triggered the state change with a link to the job log file for review. Once the issues are addressed, the user can use the Update Training Assignments action to restart processing.
Note: In order to use this feature, the Training Eligibility field on the Person object must be used in your Vault. Contact Veeva Product Support to enable the Use Training Eligibility feature.
Enabling Facilitated Training
To enable this feature in your Training Vault:
- Add the Person is not a Vault user field to the Person object page layout.
- Add the Facilitated Training Requests related object record section to the Curriculum object page layout and the Training Requirement object page layout for the Vault Document Training Requirement object type.
- Add a lifecycle state to the Facilitated Training Request Lifecycle in which you want Facilitated Training Requests to be processed. For example, “Ready for Processing”.
- Add the Update Training Assignments entry action to the state created above. When triggered, this entry action begins the process of completing all Training Assignments associated with the Facilitated Training Request record.
- Add the Update Training Assignments user action to the same state. This user action is used if a Facilitated Training job encounters issues and needs to be restarted once those issues have been resolved. To set up this action for use in the bulk action interface, add the Update Training Assignments (bulk) action instead.
Add the Change State to user action to the Facilitated Training Request Lifecycle’s initial state, and target the state that you created in the above steps.
To fully utilize the facilitated training feature, users require View permission for the Training Assignment (
facilitated_training_section_control__v) section control, available in the Object Control Permissions section at the bottom of the page in Admin > Users & Groups > [Permission Set] > Object > Facilitated Training Request.